JM Auto Performance is relatively new auto repair shop in the Atlanta area, we work on Import and Domestic vehicles, European vehicles are the majority of the work performed in the shop, we also work on sport cars and performance suspension set up.
As part of our team, with your own tools you will:
- Diagnose and accurately repair automobile vehicles
- Use in house on-line service manuals
- Perform routine maintenance as well as routine inspections on vehicles
- Test drive before and after repair to determine the repair needed and verify a successful repair
- Keep work are clean and organized
- Collaborate with shop activities and not limited to move vehicles in and out of the shop
- Determine accurately parts needed for the repairs
- Collaborate with service advisor and meet deadlines
- Show up to work on time
- Keep neat and trim appearance
- In house training available
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Proficiency on operating 2 post lifts
- Use of lubricants and cleaners is a must
- Keep track of repairs and parts/shop supplies used on repairs
- Able to read and understand Automotive Service Manuals
- Proficiency on use of diagnostic equipment, power tools and hand tools
- Legible hand writing and good communication skills
- Detailed oriented and able to meet vehicle delivery times
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Self motivated
- Minimal supervision required
- Electrical diagnosis and repair in a plus
This is a full-time position.
Must be able to pass a drug test.
Previous experience as Lead Technician.
Valid driver license and insurable record.
Pay schedule (based on experience and credentials) : $18.00 to $28.00 /hour flat rate (Based on service manual used in the shop).
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour DOE.
- Automotive Technician: 2 years
- High school
Required work authorization:
- United States